"I found it very easy to create with the MLS papers as the colours are just so fun and the paper weight and smooth texture is perfect for all projects :) The products co-ordinate perfectly together which makes creating a joy!"To learn how to create this go to: http://mayaroad.typepad.com/dt/2009/04/shadow-box.htmlThanks Andrea for the inspiration!!-----------------------------------------------My Little Shoebox is on a search to add more designers to the team!!We have received MANY MANY MANY submissions! All of them are amazing!I haven't had the opportunity to email you all back to let you know I received your submission. If you want to know if I got it or not, please feel free to email me.Many are going to my SPAM mail so I'm checking there everyday.Here's the information for the call.
My Little Shoebox
My Little Shoebox is looking for some talented scrappers, motivated, responsible designers who have time to commit to design layouts and projects each month from our product lines.
We are looking for:
1. Creative individuals that are able to do 2 different types of projects each month such as layouts, cards, and projects with our products.
2. You must post your work on 2 different galleries plus the MLS galleries
3. You must be available to commit to a 12 months term, which begin June 2009.
4. You must be a resident of the United States or Canada and at least 18 years of age or older. 5. Help judge any contests during your term (as needed.)
6. There are additional opportunities available to use our products to teach at your local scrapbook store.
7. You agree to release the rights of your designs to My Little Shoebox for display on the company website and in the company publications.
8. If needed your designs may also need to show at trade show.
9. In addition, as a design team member, you will be contributing twice per term to our company newsletter. You can post this on your personal blog.
In return you will receive:
1. A monthly package of our wonderful products.
2. Your choice of MLS products.
3. Your picture and bio on the My Little Shoebox website
4. Your own personal gallery on My Little Shoebox website
To apply please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
1. Full name, address, phone number, email address.
2. 3 layouts, 1 card, and 1 projects representing your best design work (jpg files or pdf file no larger than 500kb)
3. Link to an online gallery where we can see your current work.
4. Personal website or blog if you have one.
5. List your prior experience.
6. Design teams you are currently affiliated with.
7. Describe your style.
8. What makes you a unique addition to our team?
9. Have you been published, if so where and when.
10. Do you have teaching experience?
11. Tell us about yourself, please acknowledge how much time you are comfortable with to devote to My Little Shoebox each month.
Submission deadline is May 15th, 2009.Our design team members will be announced on June 1st, 2009. We thank you in advance for all your work and appreciate each entry! Questions may be directed to our lead designer, Suzy West @
Two peas is having a MLS contest. If you have a layout that you want to enter, go here:
Have a wonderful day!!
ps....we are on facebook