Thursday, June 26, 2008

Meet our design team

Hi there gals! I've been so excited since we picked our new DT! The girls we chose are truly amazing! I'm having fun getting to know them better every day. I asked each of them to send me their bio, picture, and their first assignments. This is just ONE project they have created. They have done a lot more. You will see them on our website very soon.

Tanisha Long

My name is Tanisha Long from New Jersey. I am a wife of 6 years, the mother of 2 sons and I work full-time as a Research Technologist. I started scrapbooking just after my first son was born as a way to record his first year of life. The more I scrapped, the more passionate I became about this wonderful hobby. Scrapbooking allows me to record and preserve everyday occurrences in my family's life and provides me with a much needed creative outlet. I love to try different techniques and usually challenge myself to work outside of my box. Although I love pretty much everything scrap related, I have to say that my favorite products are all things acrylic, patterned paper, chipboard, bling, and the alphabet in any form!I am a published scrapper; my work can be found in Memory Makers, Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks Etc., Scrapbook Memories, Paper Crafts, Paper Trends, Somerset Memories, and Blue Media Idea Books. I am so honored and truly thrilled for the opportunity to design for My Little Shoebox!

Gretchen McElveen


(layout out for publication)


Hi! I am Gretchen McElveen. I live outside of Birmingham, AL with my husband and our dog. No kids for us yet…but soon! I work full time as a physical therapist in an outpatient clinic but of course I would rather be scrapbooking! My aunt introduced me to scrapbooking by way of Creative Memories during college but I did not really get into it until after we got married about 5 years ago. I still have (and use) the corner rounder that I bought during my first CM party. Scrapbooking is such an incredible hobby! It is my creative outlet and a way to express emotions and feelings I often have difficulty saying. It is my way of documenting life and the special people who are such a big part of it. I cannot think of a much better way of spending my time. I am excited to be able to share my work as a part of the My Little Shoebox team. Thank you so much for this opportunity!

Norma Kennedy

I am a mother of 2 beautiful little boys Cade-8yrs, Seth-4yrs, a New Baby Girl as of July 2007 and a Twelve year old Sweet Niece who lives on and off with us.I am a Christian and a Latina. I have been married for 12 years to a wonderful, loving man who understands my passion for documenting my life and those in it. I have been scrapping layouts for about 4 years and started crafting by making cards about 5years ago. I luv trying and learning new techniques as part of my creating process.

Emily Jones
Hi! My name is Emily Jones, I am Wifey to my Super Hunky Hubby James, and mommy to Joey (5), Jake (3) and Lily (Born 11-27-07). I have been scrapping for 12 years now, but have become OBSESSED since my oldest was born! If I had to describe my style, it would be, color, layers, texture! I absolutely love mixing and matching patterned paper,and finding unique embellishments! When I'm not scrapping, (which is rare) you can find me enjoying my other hobbies which are: SingingOpera, playing board games with my family, and hanging out with our black Lab Molly!I am so excited to be a part of the My Little Shoebox Design Team!! I love MLS products and I hope to inspire you with my designs!

Erin Yamabe



My name is Erin Yamabe. I'm a SAHM to two sweet and sassy girls! And I"m
married to an amazing father and my best friend. I've been seriously
scrapbooking for a little over 3 years now, and on/off for over a decade! My
passion has come out as my style has evolved and I am introduced to all these
beautiful products! I'm a teacher and designer for Picture Me Perfect, and my
first two books will be published this summer with Design Originals and Suzy
West. I love all things turquiose/red, power walks, kickboxing, going to
movies, mommy and me classes, date nights, bible study, and my friday night
crops!

Danielle Holsapple


Hello! My name is Danielle Holsapple and I am a former junior high teacher turned SAHM! I live in a suburb of Kansas City with my husband, Jeff. We have a 3 yr old daughter, Kennedy, and an angel in Heaven, Sam. I have always enjoyed crafts and photos and finally put the two together about 8 years ago! Scrapbooking is now a passion of mine as well as a creative release. I enjoy both the creative process and the finished product! It also melts my heart to watch my daughter’s face light up when she looks at the pages of her. I hope they will be a treasure for her as an adult too. Over the years I have served on numerous design teams and been published in CARDS, Scrapbook Trends, Paper Trends, Making Memories, Paper Crafts, Scrapbook Dimensions, and online ezines. I am so honored to be joining the fabulous team at My Little Shoebox!

2 comments:

Helena said...

Congrads Tanisha, well done!!!! I have been visiting Tanisha's blog during the month of June in a blog challenge, and oh my word her layouts are just stunning!!!!

Well done to the other girls too!!!
xxxx

Alecia said...

HUGE congrats to the new team!!